Tonight, it's going to be about health. I weighed myself this evening and I currently weigh 228 pounds. Although this number is a lot higher than I would like it to be, I have lost 50 pounds since college and feel better than I have in a long time. My target is to get to 210 pounds in the next 90 days. That's about 6 pounds per month...not incredibly difficult, but it will require that I stick to my plan.
I visited my parents this weekend and ate way too much. Maybe the holiday had something to do with it, but I spent the better half of the weekend eating grilled meat and drinking beer. So, tonight I decided that I would make myself something healthy. I ran out to Whole Foods and grabbed a bunch of veggies and made myself some excellent gazpacho (3 tomatoes, half a cucumber, half of a green pepper, 1 jalepeno, half of an onion, some garlic, and a Bartlet pear - rice vinegar, salt and pepper to taste). Turned out pretty good. The sweetness of the pear worked really well with the strong flavors from the raw onion and spice of the jalepeno.
Gonna hit the sack early and start day 1 of 90 with a trip to the gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment